Wednesday 19 June 2013

Korat Weekend Trips


Been three times, twice with Bustin who I have seen every weekend since I arrived in Thailand and once with some of the group. Highlights; tuk tuk race, tampon banter, ordering McDonalds to the hotel, Moo off (Larisa putting me through a wardrobe, lets take a moment here, "Larisa ill fall right and you take the win", now in Larisa's head she thought, "screw that Jez your going in the wardrobe, kill, kill"), pool day, JD, getting a bottle of Red label in U-bar with Bustin, serious drinking with Max and Fran, Danny appearing in the Dunlop top which I left on the roof in Bangkok, meal at Sizzlers and lets not forget the attempt by myself, Max and Bustin at 8.30am still steaming to try find a golf course! First we ended up at a driving range and got to a course that wouldn't look out of place on the PGA tour!! We looked a mess in flip flops and shorts. They wanted us to buy all the gear from the pro shop in order for us to play!! I than said we would go back and change, this prompted a lift from someone there to the hotel were he was going to wait for us and drive us back. We gave him 100 baht and explained we would make our own way back!! Obviously we had no intention of coming back. Did not see the lift coming, best watch what I say next time!!

That more or less brings you up to the 10th of June 2013. Philosophical thought, life's enjoyment is greatly determined by the people around you. Put me in the Bahamas with head wreckers and it will be a terrible experience. Put me in...The Republic of Yemen with the TEFL Heaven 2k13 teachers and the teachers in my town and its only going one way!! Can't wait for this weekend's adventure to Khon Kaen when the whole group will meet for the first time since training. #Tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment