Wednesday 19 June 2013

A bullet a day for 7 days!!


•11-06-13. Decided to play football with some students during a free period without my shoe's on! After ten minutes my feet were on fire, my socks were ripped and I developed and bust numerous big blisters!!

•12-06-13. While on gate duty a 6-7ft snake was discovered in a bin near the gate. After a few minutes it was caught and bagged. Pretty entertaining way to start the day!! No classes all day due to preparation for teacher respect ceremony! First tuition today with English directors daughter! Got locked in the toilet at school today for 20mins, the handle pulled through the door!!

•13-06-13. Teacher appreciation day today! Ended up sitting on stage in the front row eating banana and coconut balls while the students offered flower arrangements to the director. Afterwards numerous pictures were taken with each of my classes. Strange but enjoyable day! Ended up playing some Thai wooden drum instrument to the amusement of onlookers!

•14-16-06-13. The Khon Kaen Experience. It maybe best if someone else writes an account of this weekend as I have numerous scenes missing! I made the 3.30 bus to KK filled with the usual pre-2k13 excitement. Got some food and got on it pretty hard.......a few hours later and I was in another complete blackout!! I woke up in the back of a pickup truck with my two arms badly bitten and a Thai man handing me my wallet!! Needless to say I was steaming drunk with no idea of how I got there! Not good. To be honest I don't remember leaving the hotel. After an egg and bacon sandwich accompanied with a caramel frap it was time to get back to the hotel. Mall, socks, bar, beers, awesome banter, great seeing everyone, Harlem shake, wine for the birthday girls, thinking I lost my wallet........Blackout! What apparently happened was I went with Larisa to some hotel and proceeded to order the duck while admiring the roof and falling asleep for a brief period of time. A few got tattoos! Sunday, arrive down to see straight rum being consumed, oh crap...after a failed rum run it was on to the beer. Tedious journey home with six Thai teachers and one student on my bus, not what I needed!

•All in all it was great to see everyone although some only for a brief period of time  (my sincerest apologies, proper disappointed about that). A few new faces that may    make it on tour too and a few who will definitely not make it on tour.

•18-06-2013. After the shakes, a poor sleep, a nose bleed and some stomach cramps it was back to work, but I needed to get back on track asap so loaded up on rehydration powder, some All You Need vitamin drinks and a Gatorade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment