Wednesday 28 August 2013

Bua Yai Gathering 2k13

As most of you know I tend to host numerous gatherings/parties/competitions every year and just because I am in Thailand shouldn't change that. So after some preparation the weekend finally came with a great but dangerous text from the three lads who said they could come a day earlier. In a way it was like saying here is a million Euro but it will cost you a few days of your life, a willing price to pay for such entertainment.

The lads arrived and we wasted no time getting right on it! Discovering the official 8ft beer pong table was a serious result. It took awhile but I finally got back to some sort of form! Roll backs were played with a Derby match intensity involving gate jumping and cat like reflexes! Dinner in Cat Country, Beers in Pink Panther and some other place I can't remember, bumped into some random students who have yet to say anything! Blackout!

Saturday kicked off with the 4 lads in bed watching the Inbetweeners film followed by some delicious wraps in Tony's and Chewees restaurant. Some beer pong before the first two groups arrived at the same time which saved me making an extra trip out to get them. Next up was Sarah and the last group came really late. Fair play to everyone for making a serious effort to get to my place, hopefully many of you will be nearer next semester.

Beer pong kicked off heavily coupled with the usual tour bant. Jack kindly got me some lunch that in truth was only fit for a farm animal. It was up there with one of the worst things I have tasted or smelt!! Won pretty much all the beer pong games I played which meant some sort of redemption for losing many months ago to two of the lads.

All 14-16 of us went for some dinner and drinks in Cat Country! It was late and we pretty much took the place over with lots of Karaoke kicking off! The owners are very nice in there and didn't seem to mind the horrendous singing!! Next up Pink Panther which was a quieter affair! A fuzzy yet insightful chat with one of the girls followed by some drinking game. At this point I was well past "know the one that's too many"!!

Somehow on the way home a lot of people got split up and lost so I walked and got some of them but than not wanting to walk again I took the bike. That wont be happening again. Memory is severely restricted from this point onwards but I know I was stressed and at one point thought one of the girls was having a fit that stopped after a fart!! Some more beer pong and than I presume I went to bed with the others. Tried to watch some news at 6am only to be put firmly in my place by one of the girls!

Gradually people departed on Sunday which had a weekend highlight, the two lads, myself and the two girls were decked out around downstairs and I can only describe the conversation as hilarious, frank and carried signs of psychologically disturbed people!! I walked them out and the place went from 16 people to 1! I think people in general had a good time and were pleased with the house and outside area. The clean up was nowhere near as bad as back home but it did take awhile! Found a pair of boxers in the pond!

To top the whole weekend off my neighbour pops over to see if I'm still alive and before I know it I'm on the porch having a large beer, eating homemade chips and a burger from KFC (2 hours away)!! Serious result!

Lessons were learnt this weekend, tour has its limits and my house/town is capable of hosting a gathering/party. There will definitely be another one in semester two with less injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment